K-electric under fire as child loses arms electrocute

News by:

An 11-year-old boy had his arms amputated after he was electrocuted by a high-tension wire in Karachi on Friday. This report comes a day after an eight-year-old had to have his arms amputated in a similar electrocution incident. The victim was identified as Haris suffered burns as he tried to hold onto electricity wiring for support after he fell from the second floor of a madrassa. He was a resident of Sarjani Town. The boy’s father has registered a case against the Karachi Electric Supply Corporation (K-electric).