Both arms of an eight-year-old boy had to be amputated after a high-tension wire of K-Electric fell on him outside his home on the third day of Eidul Azha. A team of doctors at Civil Hospital Karachi’s Burns Centre managed to save the child’s life after hours-long efforts. The eight-year old boy, Muhammad Umar, was critically injured after a high tension wire fell on his left arm in Ahsanabad, a town adjacent to Gulshan-e-Maymar on August 24. The boy promptly used his other hand to try and remove the wire, but the high voltage quickly gripped his body and caused severe burns on both the arms.
Boy’s arms cut off as 11KV wire falls on him
News by: Express News
Published on: August 31, 2018